20080815

CREATIVITY


Just unpack a postal parcel. It’s "The International Handbook of Creativity", I’ve ordered from Amazon. After 18 years, my interest returns to creativity again. "Creativity" was the subject of my final year essay.

18 years ago, I related it to Tao. Actually, this was not relevant to me; it was just an extension of my tutor’s interest. But, today it reveals quite differently.
Before, I "take off"; just note down my current conception on creativity. This will be reviewed after a few months or a year...

"Creativity is a habit, a thinking style and a life attitude.
It is a thought or behavior neither bounded by norms nor against the norm. But it is scaled against the norms. Creativity is a deviation to the norms.
Creative energy flows when your senses awake and become acute. It runs vertically and horizontally, it hops, it dashes around. It is autonomous. It shouldn’t be stopped or shaped. Visual images and sounds accompanied.
Creativity is not an excuse to not being non-practical. The realization of a creative idea demands the most originality and creativity. Courage is in its position to overcome the anxiety of unknown, uncertainty and failure. Convergent thinking is in charge of outlining feasibilities.
Many times, there are back and forth evaluations… like a loop.
Creativity is driven by passion."

Today, I’m moved by the vivid imagination of a child. This evokes my curiosity on development of children.
Noting somebody formerly without pre-set values is now in the process of shaping by set norms, social values and conceptions. The child’s queries on our world are so provocative. They will ask things that we are long accustomed to. Our senses become so blunt.

No comments: