20080813

A THINKING CHILD

Iza’s little mind is like an active volcano.
From the surface activity, one can tell underneath there is rigorous flow.
Yesterday, Iza asked 3 questions.
All have certain weights to me.




"Mama, can an umbrella be a fossil?"
"I don’t know."
"Can sugar be fossil?"
"Ummmmm…."
"Can non-living things be fossils?"
"I’ve never heard of it and I’ve never thought of this.
Maybe we can find this out on books…"


This is exactly what she said.
Is her "arrangement" of questions a coincidence?
Or it is her real intented flow of logics?
I'm stunned.


+++

"Mama, why all tunnels are in 'aaaaa….' shape?"
"Do you mean arch shape?"
"Yes!"
"Iza, you have a very good observation.
An arch can take up very strong loads.
Do you recall windows of very old buildings (in the west)?"
"They are in arch shape, and also the bridges."


It is the easiest to me among the 3 questions.

+++

"Mama, how did Heavenly Father create apples?"
"He just said let there be apples, there were apples.
Just like He said let there be light, there was light."
"What kind of race was Jesus?"
"I think He was a Hebrew…I’m not certain…" (From the Wikipedia I search this morning, this subject is far more complicated)
"What type of language did Jesus speak?"
"Hebrew? Hebrew. Yes, may be Hebrew." I'm not sure.
"Heavenly Father is not human being. What kind of language does He speak? If He speaks in Hebrew, how can I understand?"
"He speaks in all languages, including Cantonese."
"Did He create everything?"
"Yes!"
"Does He speak Martian language too? He created Martian, did He?"
"…yes…"
"Then poison is created by Him too? Why did He create poison?"
……oooooooo!!!


....................................................................................................................................

Iza is very interested in things about GOD.
Remember once I told her everything is made up of elements.
The first thing came to her mind was,

"Is God made up of elements too?"
She starts asking interesting questions on God since 3.

...

"Heavenly Father is the father of Jesus. Mary was the mother of Jesus. But … I don’t understand. How was that?"
...

"You always say that Mary was Jesus’s Mother on earth. She is not in the Heaven now?"
...

"That house is wearing a hat with a star!" She pointed to a church when she was 2.

...

"Heavenly father has a lot of homes. There are a lot of houses wearing hat with a cross. They are everywhere. " She was saying this during her way to school when she was 3.
...

"How did Jesus go up to Heaven?"
"How does He come back?"
"Why is He not coming back now?"
"When will He be back?"

...

"God made us. Who Made God?"

...

"We should all (all the people in the World) have a surname of Ah? Why aren’t we???"
In Cantonese, the first character of our name is our surname. Adam in Cantonese is AH DON.

...

"We all (all the people in the World) should look alike. But we look different, very different. Why?"
She is thinking of we are all children of Adam & Eve.

...

"Can sister marry to her brother?"
Adam & Eve were our ancestors. We are actually brothers & sisters, no matter distant or close!
She wondered.
.......................................................................................................................................
Many times I think I will die fairly soon because she is going to use up my physically energy and my whole life mental power within these few years! I never think of so many difficult questions in my entire life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uncle Keith said that fossil can be made of organic substance, even though they are not living thing! But I don't know it's true or not! Iza, God allow fossil to be made to let us learn history, I think!