20080909

Iza is back to school for 3 days.
She is OK.
But I start to feel the pressure of choosing a primary school for iza.
Though she's going to primary school next year, we need to fill the form before the end of this month.
Always,
I think,
she needs time,
and
space,
her little brain will work...
But what if she is not admitted to any school that allow children to have their own pace...
(I'm not an optimist.)
I need to plan for the worst,
what can I do by myself to help her learn.
This is what I learn through the years...

+++

I worry.
Will she challenge the authority?
I don't know.
She does not always challenge me.
Maybe I'm not an "authoritarian"...
Will she be a challenging kid to school?
I am not sure.
I know when she is unhappy, she will withdraw.
Not always in an aggressive way.
She has strong opinions.
Will this turn her into a unwelcome figure?
Maybe.
What I worry is that she will not be welcomed by schools because who she is.

+++

A few days ago.

"God controls everything." iza said.

"What makes you think so?" I asked.

"Because He created all the things.
He made all the decisions."

To her, the one who creates has the total say on setting rules.
She may want to be the one who set rules.
But I don't think she is going to challenge God.
I believe/hope she understand underlying rules in different situations.

+++

This morning, when iza is having breakfast.

"Mama, it is really funny!
Come and have a look!
A "clock" (an hour) can be divided into 4.
You add 3 to 3, you will have 6.
Add 3 again, you will have 9.
Add 3 again, you will have 12.
You can go around the clock!"

Though she is smart,
this does not make her a smooth road.

No comments: