20080903

VIETNAM 4

It was the second day of our trip.
When we were on the boat,
iza gazed into the sky.
She asked,
"Is how big the sky, how big is God?"
"Yes..."
I was thinking that she was "drowning" into the sky again.
And, this time she associated her favorite "subjects" - sky & God together...
"Why do we thank God?"
"We thank Him for creating such a beautiful World for us and teaching us..."
"How could He teach us? He's not human being."
"Through the Bible..."
"But the Bible was written and drawn by man!"
Then I told her about prophets.
"How did God talk to us after the prophets died?"
I always wonder why I did never ask such questions when I was young!!!
"It's good that we have Jesus!
God send his son Jesus to the Earth.
He came to save and teach us.
He told us that we do something bad. God is sad.
If we believe that He is the son of God and he can save us, we are saved!
Through Jesus, we can directly talk to God through praying.
Do you believe in Jesus?"
"Yes!"
"Do you understand what I'm talking?"
"Yes. But how does God talk to us?"
"We may hear God's voice in our heart..."
"Mama, please buy me books about God!"
It was the second time that she asked for books on Bible.
....................................................................................................................................
Still on the boat.
"Mama, what is the 22nd Century? Are you still there?"
"I don't think so."
"Doreamon ( a cartoon character ) comes from the 22nd Century. How can this be?"
I didn't want to stop her by saying it's just cartoon, it's not real.
I rather told her about Eienstein and his time travel "theory".
She was interested!
Apart from traveling of light, we talked about traveling of sound through different substances.
Then we came across atoms, electrons... what made up water, salt......
We could hardly imagine that we were talking to a 5 year old girl on all these...
And, I promise her to read her "A brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking.
But I need to read it first and try my best to understand.
I do not promise that I can explain everything in the book.
Because I don't think I can really understand!!!









No comments: