20080804


Recalling iza's little question - why we can always see the sky but... (posted on 2008.07.22), reminds me another incidence.
About 3 weeks ago, iza asked me,


"Why further away the things, the smaller they are?
See! Kow mo (Auntie Bianca) is smaller than miu miu (Miko) now.”


In front of me, there was immediately a perspective grid.
Maybe this is an innate response of
interior / space designer.
Next come into my mind was a film - the Draughtsman’s Contract - directed by Peter Greenaway, soundtrack by Michael Nyman (one of my
favorite composer).

Because of this film, we named our design studio DRAUGHTZMAN…




Wondering inside me was not why, but how.
It’s nice to have my sister Joanna responded to iza in time.
"So we can differentiate distances between things,” Joanna said.
It seems iza is very interested in visual perception of things.


+++

Long before iza was born, I had a little fantasy.
And, I shared this with iza recently.
I was fascinated by Ana ( a little girl in The Spirit of the Beehive directed by Victor Erice in 1973 ) that I wished if I had a little girl, she would have Ana's intrinsic characters.
In the story, Ana was sensitive and full of fanciful imagination.
I'm blessed, we are always amazed by Iza's imaginative thoughts and "provocative insights".
I hope I can find the DVD of this beautiful film and share the film with iza.
Hope she would like it.



+++

This is Iza's favorite film and soundtrack - Les Choristes directed by Christophe Barratier.
Not only she likes to view the video again and again and again and again,
she wants me to tell her what happened to Morhange & Pepinot (characters in the film) as bedtime stories...



Hope to share more about films and music...

No comments: